5.19.2010

Wishful Wednesday - Dream Room (i'm biased)

It's time for Wishful Wednesday, courtesy of my IRL lovely friend Miss Kelsey.

'I wish' I could come home to...

this bedroom each and every night!

I LOVE the bamboo construction and funky low profiles. Just my style :-) I would want it with different (maybe Bamboo?) floors and a shaggy white carpet...


I'd have to throw in this "Chiffonier" ... I just learned this word a few months ago and basically refers to really tall dressers like the one above. It would be PERFECT for all my little clothes.. not like pre-college weight, but you know.. socks in top drawer, then undies, then bras, then bikinis, etc. etc.

Okay, okay. Full disclosure: I'm a little biased.

I helped design this furniture!!! 

Yup, our family company makes this bedroom collection and we sell it on Costco.com here.

Plus, I helped develop the flash product demo for it... check it out, but just warning the music get's really annoying. I take responsibility for ensuring the inclusion of a MUTE button :-)

It's my most favorite bedroom collection we sell, and I would totally have it in our little house, if our bedroom was just a teensy bit bigger. Because of the low profile overhangs (which I love) the bed takes up quite a bit of space... maybe in our next house!

Of course, to complete the dream bedroom, the window in the picture would need to look out upon this view, and not the fake skyline we painted for our furniture showroom :-)



To play along with Wishful Wednesday next week, head over to Miss Kelsey's blog The Seattle Smith's!

14 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you did with your family? Love the furniture...so sleek...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Look at you, you awesome furniture designer! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, how did I not know you about this my IN REAL LIFE FRIEND???? It is not personally my style because I am not a modern sleek chick like this, but I would totally rock it now that I know your family designed it :)

    XOXO - hope you kicked butt in CF! Nice seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! It is definitely funky! :) My style is the exact opposite... lol! But, I can definitely appreciate the sleek low lines and of course the fact that it is your family's company's product! How COOL! I just checked out the website and I love the look of the Ashton and the McKenzie! Our family is building a beach house in Ocean Park and those would look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! You family company looks great...I love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very swanky :) Congrats on a rocking Flash player such and such. And yea, the music...kindove made me want to do a slow waltz on an elevator. hahahah...just kidding!

    So..do you think the fam could design a queen sleigh bed in cherry with a huge headboard for me for about $500? I'd really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mailboxes AND furniture! Wow! QUite the busy little family :)
    I will take that whole bedroom set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect room!!!! It's ok to be a bit biased here. ;) Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. um, FUN, you helped design this!?!? LOVES it!!! i think you definately need it in a future space ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool you designed that furniture - its so pretty!

    And love that view too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really cool you design furniture. You can always get exactly the look you want! I think your dream bedroom is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is oool that you get to have a family furniture business. I'm sure that means lots of goodies for you! Thanks for the futon advice, yeah I've seen cruddy ones along with good ones so we'll just have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?