5.13.2010

homies where the heart is!

I know, I know... you have all been wondering if I was run over a truck. I did spend a week in Las Vegas, which is a close equivalent, but alas, I AM ALIVE!

The real reason I have been so MIA is....

.................. I'm a new mommy!

Not THAT kind of mommy, but a mommy to this little guy:

 Friends, meet HOMIE.

I apologize in advance, all these pictures are gonna kinda suck because I can't find my camera at the moment. That's another story (which incidentally has nothing to do with Vegas, shocker!)

Anywhoodles, we weren't exactly looking for a new puppy, but we had talked about it. Remember, that's why we moved! From Feb 18:

Background Info: Our apartment lease is up in a couple weeks, so Joe and I have been looking for a house to move to... with a yard... so we can get Mr. Bondi a little brother/sister that Joe will insist on naming "Homie"... which I think is the worst name for a dog ever, but I digress. 
Well, we waited a good 2 months so I say that's responsible.

What happened is about two weeks ago  I insisted we decided to go to Tuxes and Tails, a big charity auction put on by the Seattle Humane Society.

I wore a snazzy dress and Joe looked quite handsome and we mingled with a bunch of well-to-do Seattleites. There was delicious food and champagne.. and wine.. you get the idea.

Then once they get you all good and liquored, they start parading around with all the adoptable dogs. Ingenious. (The thing about this event is you can put a "hold" on any one dog you see and you have until noon the next day to adopt him/her. This is a huge factor in why I finagled us into going, because it is almost impossible to get a puppy from the pound otherwise.) Anyway, at some point in the evening we saw "Thunder":
I was in love!

We put a hold on him and drug our asses to the shelter bright and early Sunday morning and adopted little "Thunder" who Joe lovingly renamed "Homie" ... Now I do not take credit for this name (though I do have to admit it's grown on me) and I let Joe go with it because:
(a) He's always wanted a "Homie"
(b) He's paying the vet bills
(c) I get dibs on naming our first non-furry child
Bondi did not take to Homie very well. Bondi is a VERY only child and the first couple days were rough for him. More rough than the time he hid in the bathtub, aka Bondi's Terrible Tuesday. The sad part is little H wants nothing more than to follow B around, nuzzle up with him, and be just like him.

Riding in the car goes like this: Bondi sits in the front, as usual. Homie whines to come sit in the front. I help him up. Bondi abandons co-pilot seat with an audible groan and goes to the back. Homie whines to go sit in the back with Bondi. REPEAT.

You can see Bondi's totally annoyed in these pictures:

In the past few days, things have notably improved (probably now that Bondi realizes he's not being replaced). Here are some of Bondi's more tolerant moments:

Anyway, I know this is excessive sharing, but here are some of my favorite shots of Mister Homie (who, not to brag, but has only had 4 accidents in over 2 weeks and already knows SIT and COME)...


Besides the fact that we're totally in love with him, we love how perfect a fit he's going to be for our furry family. Can't you tell how much Homie looks up to Bondi?

Someday, Homie. Someday!

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition! Homie is TOOOO CUTE and so little! :) Enjoy him, he is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love it! Homie is too cute! He looks just like my Marvin did as a puppy. Marv is a Great-Dane lab mix...although Homie has a bit of terrier-like texture to his chin.

    Still, he's pretty darn close to what Marv looked like! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have Homie tied to a weight! Did you take him to Crossfit???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never show too many puppy pictures. And I have always believed that two dogs is better than one. They need a companion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the last photo Homie? He has gotten soooo big since the last time I saw his little seal-self!!! I miss him AND you by the way. Where have you been in CF?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest pictures ever!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Mommy!!! Homie is so cute. I feel so sorry for Bondi. He looked miserable in the first few pictures. I hope he's coming around a little more. Knox wouldn't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. !!!! The pics of Bondi and Homie in the car are absolutely freaking incredible. So cute.

    I'll learn from you and not get drunk at any Humane Society events any time soon. I would reallyreallyreally like to get a dog. My furbaby had to be put down in November and I'm still aching. I'd love to get another dog when I move out next month but sadly, I can't afford to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jenny!
    Doogan and I are delighted to meet fur-baby Homie.
    Those pics are the cutest things I've seen in awhile!
    Bondi is going to end up being THE BEST big brother!
    Those two just go together!
    I can see why you guys are already so in love with that sweet boy!
    And I adore the name Homie!
    What a sweet boyfriend!
    You gotta love guys that love furry babies like we do!
    xxooxxo
    And congrats to Homie for doing so well with his potty training!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap, those pics in the car seat together are so cute I don't even know what to do with myself right now. They need to star in their own puppy calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, second to last picture needs to be framed, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE the pictures of them in the seat together!! SO CUTE! and so happy to see Bondi coming around!
    I want to see pics of you and Joe all dressed up at the event! AND, Why can't you just adopt from the pound as easily? You mentioned something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

    I am so so excited for you! I'm in puppy lust & you're so very lucky that I'm not in Seattle. You'd be dogless. Like, minus 2, dogless!

    I love that they're sharing that bed. It is too big for just Bondi!

    Please write about the puppies ALL the time! I'm crazy for another dog, but Mr. Potts put down the no hammer. so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww! Glad you're back, have missed you!! :-) Homie is just sooo stinkin' adorable!! He seems like such a sharp pup! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh! Congrats on your new baby! He is too cute and I love the pics of him and Bondi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new puppy! Sounds like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  17. um, o to tha m to tha g. i literally have tears in my eyes. 1 - because you saved a shelter dog. love you for that. 2 - because of the way that h hangs on b's every MOVE. 3 - because of the cuddle pictures where b has decided to embrace (or at least, acknowledge that he exists) little h where you can TELL it's made h's YEAR. seriously, most adorable post ever. now if you could email my mister and convince him that one fur baby in the house is NEVER enough, i'd really preciate it. spanks.

    also, p dittle s - SO glad you're back and you didn't die in vegas. that's always a possibility with vegas. or least coming out feeling like you did ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. this post makes me wish i had a dog but my apt is not very dog friendly

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! Grace (one of my pups) did the same thing when we brought Cooper home... but now they are BFF. They love having a buddy around !:) Glad he's doing well on the training!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?