11.16.2009

blog bling!!!

Soooo yay!!! My first "blog bling" - at least, that is what I will be calling Blogger Awards from now on.

I received two blog awards in the week or so, but I feel like I've been soooo slammed so here goes (and I'm going to do a little combining action, since they're pretty similar.. oh and I don't have enough "blog buddies" to link to yet!)

First up, thank you Abby!!! Abby over at Keeping Up With The Krecks gave me the Kreativ Blog Award :-) This is my first award ever, and apparently all I had to do it was follow Miss Abby - such. a. hardship. to. follow. someone. so. ridiculously. awesome! But seriously, go check her out. She rocks!!

 

So here are the rules for the Kreativ Blogger award:

*1*  Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
*2*  Grab the button and place it on your blog.
*3*  Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
*4*  Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
*5*  Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
*6*  Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
*7*  Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.


Next up, thank you Ashley!!! Ashley over at Kiwis and Cocktails gave me the Sugar Doll Blogger Award :-) Ashley, her Kiwi husband, and adorable pup Piri have quite the life - so go check it out... You're sure to be entertained!!!



The rules for the Sugar Doll Blogger Award are the exact same except you name 10 things (or "tid-bits") about yourself... so that's what I'm gonna do now.

And as a side note: I'm not gonna lie I think these blog award names are pretty silly... maybe I'll make one like the "Most ridiculous story" award, but I'll play along!! I love.Love the idea of them anyway :-)

OK, moving on...

*1*  I did competitive gymnastics for many years as a girl. I saw the Goodwill games in 1990 when I was 7 years old and decided I wanted to be one of those girls. Never really looked back. I was never the best or anything like that, but I busted my butt. And it sure did keep me out of trouble!! When other girls were at the mall, I was in the gym. In Middle School training was about 4-5 hours a day 4-5 days a week with meets on most weekends. I miss those days, and when I'm drunk tipsy I like to do handstands, back hand-springs, etc.

*2*  I have had lots of surgeries... the first after I snapped (audibly) three ligaments in my ankle tumbling during my freshman year. It.hurt.like.hell. Then again about a year later when I broke too many bones to count in the same ankle vaulting. That was officially the end of my gymnastics "career". Then again I had ACL reconstruction from a basketball injury my senior year of highschool. Then again (same knee) I had ACL reconstruction from a wakeboarding injury the summer before my sophomore year of college. I think over those 5 years I may have spent about 1/3 of my life on crutches. Fun times.

*3*  Purple is my favorite color. I know, I know... "When I'm old I shall wear purple." But whatevs. I like it.

*4*  I volunteer as often as I can at Sarvey Wildlife - it's a wildlife rehabilitation center in Arlington, WA. They operate soley on donations and take in all injured or orphaned wildlife... everything from bears and cougars to raccoons and starlings. I've learned sooo much working there over the last 8 or so years. It's not glamorous work, but I've had some incredible experiences there. Like... bathing baby river otters; stitching a fawns head; tube feeding a bald eagle; "pottying" baby raccoons (that's a post in and of itself); and much, much more! Here's two pics of my lil' bro Gabe first with a Bald Eagle (look closely!) and second with with a baby river otter after bath time. This past summer I finally brought him up and he LOVED IT!!! Yay :-)



*5*  I love Christmas and everything about it. I have purple stockings hanging from my fireplace right now (see #3). I  love cheesy Christmas music. I love finding the *perfect* present(s) for my close friends and family.

*6*  I never almost never splurge on full price "brand name" items (I do, however *heart* Nordstrom Rack) but I have an unhealthy obsession with Marc Jacobs. I feel like everything Marc Jacobs is so adorable, even if it totally.is.not. Anywayyy, one day I will have a really expensive Marc Jacobs purse. And I will never lose it. I swear.

*7*  Speaking of purses, I almost NEVER carry a purse. When I go to work, I pack all my shit in one of those reusable plastic bags... my current ones I got from Word Wildlife Fund and they have adorable pics of endangered animals on them. Why do I not carry a purse? I find them annoying... I can never find what I need. Oh, and the one time I bring a "nice" purse out... like the nice little white Marc Jacobs clutch my mom got me for xmas 2 years ago, it gets fucking.stolen.  (Or lost, I've done that once a few times too...) So usually I go out with my ID and debit card in my back pocket and stash my phone, etc. in my coat pocket or with a friend. That way, if I lose something, I can generally minimize the damage. HA.

*8*  TV Obsessions: Almost everything Animal Planet (except those shows where the animals turn on you, don't like those ones); Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice; Law & Order SVU; Daily Show & Colbert Report; South Park; Entourage & Dog Whisperer (even though I no longer get HBO); and occasionally AI/SYTYCD.

*9*  Bondi. My almost 4 year old half-papered Doberman / half- whatever dog knocked his mama up dog is my LOVE. I would do anything for him. Oh, and he's tested me on this!!! Remember the whole 'almost dying' thing here? Well, if know me, or heck, even if you follow my blog, you've probably gathered that by now. NUFF said.

*10*  I am in love with my boyfriend Joe. Like, totally in love. Even when I'm more.than.annoyed with him... like right meow!! But we won't discuss.. because that would be, what do you call it????.. airing dirty laundry.. and I'm not gonna go there. So I'm sitting here doing this "Blogger Award" thingy I've been procrastinating, with a bottle of [yellow tail] SHIRAZ, and I'm starting to feel a little better.

OK, and now for nominations (in no particular order)... Please just disregard if you've already done this shiznit:


* burlap condoms
* CURIOSITY
* Everyday Delights
* Float On...
* Oh Lord!!
* Saving the Best for Last...(fingers crossed)
* Simply Smithwick
* The Bobby Pin
* the future mrs. smith

 Much love peeps!! On to better days, like Tuesday:-)

11 comments:

  1. youre living in seattle? how cool, im from germany and ive never seen seattle. but i guess its great over there, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your awards!!!! I think its really interesting you don't carry a purse... I try to get away with that sometimes by making my hubby carry all my crap... it doesn't always work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards, darling.

    I love that you have purple stockings!! HEE HEE.

    Thank you for bestowing this award onto me! I am beyond honored. BEYOND! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Glad to entertain! Dude, you need to eat some calcium or something! That is a lot of broken bones!! Wow. Maybe if I broke a few bones, I wouldn’t be such a wimp now and could tolerate some pain! Your brother is so cute and I can’t believe he is holding a bald eagle…so cool!
    Andrew watches Animal Planet ALL THE TIME! Haha. I love the Daily show and Colbert report. I watch it at the gym sometimes and I end up laughing so hard on the treadmill.
    I try to refrain from airing dirty laundry, but sometimes my fingers just type that shit....They can’t help it!
    Oh, and PS. My friend sent the pictures from last Thursday night. I am going to post them today, but only for a short time. They are pretty bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I get very jealous of my friends with husbands/boyfriends solely because they don't have to carry a purse! How much easier is it to dance when you don't have a stupid purse flopping at your side????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards. Thank you for nominating me. I posted about me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you back, lady :-)

    My husband and I visited Seattle in July and LOVED it! He would move there in a heartbeat but I don't think I could leave our family. Will definitely be visiting again one day, though!

    Congrats on the blog bling! I love that you call it that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing opportunity!!! To volunteer at a wildlife rehab. I used to do something similiar when I lived in Florida, but that was so long ago :(

    And I must say, Yellow Tail does tend to make things better doesn't it! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!! How sweet of you to think of me. I don't know if I've done this before -- but you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?