I have stories and pictures to share later, but I will just say I was surprised by a few things.... like, I *heart* private beaches (read: no tan lines)! Well, that's not really so surprising but I just wanted to make y'all jealous.
Oh, and SURPRISE: I don't do well with bossy Type A females
Saturday evening, while Joe and I were enjoying the sunset and a lovely dinner, I received an email from my hilarious mom who had her own lovely surprise.
I have something crazy to share :) David and I were sitting at our fire table, under the 100 foot evergreen tree that comes through our deck, just finishing up dinner, when suddenly a giant half eaten catfish bounced heavily off David's head and landed with a splashy muddy plop on his plate. I kid you not. We then noticed the crows flying around and causing trouble. They must have made the eagle in the tree above us drop his dinner! In the words of your cousin Isaac, "THAT doesn't happen every day!"
Yes, that is seriously a half eaten catfish that fell from an eagle's talons to my dad's dinner plate.
Well, apparently it hit him on the head first.
Can you imagine???
One of the lovely perks (surprises) that comes along with living in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest.
Tomorrow, I'm off to San Diego bright and early for work. I asked Joe if he would take me to the airport for shits and giggles. (BTW is that an expression anyone else uses? Just me?) I have to be there by 6:00am so I naturally assumed he'd so say no way jose but I must be a really good girl because he agreed. And I was surprised! Especially since there's no way I would take him to the airport that early, and I told him as much.
I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm terrible... and some of you bloggers are like crazy wake up at 4:00am for workout peeps and 6:00am is like sleeping in. For shame.
Anyway... see how I tied this totally random post all together??!! *so proud of myself right meow*








THAT IS crazy!! I cant believe it landed on his head! that is better than a bird shitting on someone while flying over head!
ReplyDeleteYou are a very good girl! :) I havent been getting up for my early morning workouts anymore! I am a slacker.
I would have thrown up if that catfish landed on my head! AHHHHHH!
ReplyDeleteOMG - - Uh ya you totally don't see that everyday or every lifetime! That is crazy & i think i might just have followed suit with MCW. Or maybe he was just trying to be nice & share ;)
ReplyDeleteHahaha you have me rolling over here about that catfish story. That is definitely one for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap! The catfish? Hysterical! Now that is not one of the joys we get from living here in the Southeast! Look at what we're missing!
ReplyDeleteI’m excited to hear about your trip to the San Juan islands. I want to plan a weekend getaway there sometime in the future. Did you guys camp or stay somewhere?
ReplyDeleteI can’t believe that a catfish dropped from the sky like that! Crazy!
That is crazy! Did he eat it? Ah ha ha!
ReplyDelete