9.09.2010

words i never thought i'd say....

I said it.

Words I never thought I'd say.

I'm so glad NOT to be going to... 
LAS VEGAS 
this weekend.

I know, I know, I'm old... and lame... and exhausted.

But it's just too much right now. I can't do it.

A long long time ago I booked tickets for Joe and I to go here:

Because I knew we wouldn't want SUMMER to be over... and hoped to do maybe some of this:

... and some of that:


And then, last week, Joe came to me with this *I just kicked your puppy* look, and I knew it was gonna be bad.... and he said:
I really don't think we should go to Vegas... it's too much, we've been going non-stop... I don't wanna go.

And so I did what any girl would do who is blatantly not getting her way. I huffed and puffed and stamped my feet and pouted and blamed his work and his stress and blah blah blah.

I was a real gem. 

And now, I am eating my words.

So I just thought I'd share that:
Joe was totally right.  
And I was wrong.  
He made the best (uni-lateral) decision ever. 

And I can't promise those words will ever find their way here again either :-)

So this weekend.. I don't know what we're going to do. Hopefully a whole lot of nothing. Though to be honest, we already have a BBQ and a double header softball game and possibly camping (Joe's idea, of course) planned. That's a "relaxing" weekend for us. Just sayin...

2 comments:

  1. After going to Vegas, you NEED at least 2 more days to recover. I totally get it. Or maybe I'm just old and lame too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to relax :) Good thinking Joe .

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?