9.02.2010

go! go! go!!!

.. story of my life!

I feel just like this:


POOPED!

The last month has just flown by! There were friends in town, weddings, concerts, dinners, softball games, happy hours, road-trips, trade-shows, birthday parties, doggy birthday parties... 

... which equals a lot of FUN!

And also, a lot TO DO.

Never-ending piles of laundry, loads of dishes, suitcases to pack/unpack, doggy poop to scoop, groceries to buy, photos to upload ...blah. Blah. BLAH.

I just got back from a work trip to Minneapolis Tuesday night... BTW, I like Minneapolis. It's a strange city, I think. Strangely clean, for sure! Strangely quiet, too... I mean, for a city. They have above-ground walkways that connect all the buildings apparently for when its 40 below in the winter. They have an amazing pub called Brit's with lawn golf and movies on the roof, and the best Tuna Melt I've ever had. Oh, and they have a PEDAL PUB.


This is amazing. I want one.

The only thing is you actually have to pedal while drinking... on a bicycle seat. Or else it's just a stationary beer wagon, I guess. The whole exercising thing might get old... Nevertheless, I'm thinking of bringing these to Seattle. Just saying.

So anyway, last night was date night and we went to the Can Can and saw the Castaways cabaret show. If you're ever in Seattle, I highly recommend it. It's simply amazing.

Here's a trailer of sorts for the Can Can... probably not work appropriate, unless you're boss is cool with occasional pasties shots accompanied by uncensored Outkast.



Not only are their acts hilarious and entertaining, but some are divinely beautiful. This one has no pasties, I promise.



I think they could be on SYTYCD.

After the show and several drinkys (I always say "drinkys" ... I think it sounds much cuter than drinks, especially when combined with several) I insisted on street meat. This seems to be a pattern :-)

Nothing like a $5 Veggie Dog smothered in cream cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos to end the night. MMmmm... It always seems like a good idea at the time, anyway.

Well, Joe only had just enough cash, and being a gentleman, he said that's okay, he didn't want  one anyway (of course he did!) and paid for mine. (That's Joe for ya... being all classy at a hot-dog stand!)

Well, I managed to convince the nice man making my dog to make Joe one too, and I didn't even have to give him my Idaho hat! Major WIN.

This weekend we have more big plans. We're heading to the Gorge to see Dave Matthews tomorrow. Nice little 10th grade throwback. I fully expect to see some finger banging action and lots of Vodka water bottles. I'm taking Ashley's word for it, since I have no memories of my own high school DMB experiences. Weird.

Then we're spending the rest of the weekend at Suncadia Resort for a dear friend's wedding. I've never been there, but Kelsey says it is amazing.

Obviously, we're bringing the dogs. Homie is ready to party!


Speaking of parties, did I mention I've been planning a BIG Birthday Party for my fabulous mom?


She's turning 50!!!

So I made this little invitation and sent it to a couple hundred people...


I even invited an awesome band!

Well, the big day is coming up... and let me just say, this whole party planning shit is exhausting. I have a new found respect for all of y'all that plan your own weddings.

Anyway, I will leave you with this:


Curious?

5 comments:

  1. Love the invite.

    I went to a DMB concert a few years ago. Friend and I decided to party like we were high school. We got left at the concert and had to b for change from people passing by so we couldn't take a bus back to the city (our purses where in the car that left us!) Oh...and this was after my friend fell in a puddle and I was laughing so hard at her that I fell in as well. Yeah, we were sober.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been having fun. Our calendar has been pretty full too and I see no end in sight. I guess we can't complain about having friends/family that like to have fun and enjoy our company :) PS. Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe you are going to Dave! ha. Have fun! AND I WANT to try a pedal pub. SO cool.
    YOu have been one busy lady. I cant believe you are having a party THAT big for your mom!!!! she wILL LOVE it!!! When will it be??
    I have missed seeing Homie and Bondi's faces :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like, though exhausting, it's been amazing!

    (New follower, btw - love your pup!)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?