aaah, brings back memories from a
so the convention center here has these "nifty" auto-flush toilets. oooh snazzy... yeah until i used one a few times today...
the verdict is in: i am decidedly anti auto-flush toilet.
reason #1: i think they're supposed to save water and all, and don't get me wrong... i'm all about saving the earth... seriously, i am. but heRRo! news flash: they don't save water. think about it... has this happened to you? you sit to potty and then before you're even done it surprise flushes? four times? unnecessary. (kinda like the 3rd "hurricane" last night and the convention center jumbalaya.)
reason #2: auto-flush toilets (especially in new orleans apparently?) are super aggressive. when the toilet decides to prematurely do its thing, you get splashed (SO gross) by dirty toilet water. lesson here? potty time with auto flush toilets includes a fun game of sit - stand to avoid being splashed - sit - repeat. fun times.
reason #3: auto-flush toilets pretty much preclude any opportunities for sexy time in the bathroom. just completely takes all the romance out of it. so distracting also. not that i would know because i'm far too classy for sexy time in public bathroom stalls... but just, hypothetically.. ya know?
conclusion: let me flush the damn toilet when i am good and ready. mmkay? thanks!
oh, and here's an elephant using a toilet, just for fun:
i *heart* elephants. they're so dang smart... surely they say no to auto-flush too.








The elephant definitely says no to auto flash!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love the new layout DB with side pics!!!
hahaha.. this: 4 day binger at mardis gras lovely trip in college.: made me laugh out loud!
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree.. I'll flush when I'm good and ready dangit.
I am anti too!! Haha that pic is funny!
ReplyDeleteOne of the toilets in our office acts like that, but the rest of them seem to be all knowing auto flushers. They know that the only time to flush is when you've not only stood up, but turned around. Geniuses.
ReplyDeleteBut that other one does exactly what you mentioned and I avoid it at all costs.
haha, i dislike these things!! they always spray up and flush when your not even ready!! haha
ReplyDeleteI can't even remember the last auto flush I used, but not really a fan...the only good thing is you dont have to touch the dirty handle, but I generally just use my foot to flush, if I can! :)
ReplyDeleteI want to go to NOLA.
The ones at work do that auto flush things and sometimes it sprays all over the seats...it's so nasty.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like more and more toilets are auto-flush these days!!! I get the concept. I get that it solves the problem of lazy people who leave the stall w/out flushing. But seriously...it can be oh such a PITA when not working properly.
ReplyDeleteBoo to auto-flush toilets. Yay to elephants who use toilets!
We have auto flushing toilets at my office and it took me forever to get used to them! Somehow there is a technique to not having them flush on you four times. Don't ask me what it is, I guess I just adapted to them. Now sometimes when I'm in a public restroom and there's not auto flushing toilets I totally forget to flush. I walk out and when I don't hear it flush within a few seconds I run back and flush! Haha. Hope you had/are having a great time in NOLA!
ReplyDeleteThere are few things for shockingly disturbing than feeling a toilet flush underneath you when you are not expecting it at all. I mean it scares the crap out of me, pun intended. And that water is so damn cold and it happens to fast that you just kind of gasp and grab the wall of the stall. Its all a bit much to handle!
ReplyDeleteyou are HILAR. i'm so glad you commented so I could come read your darling blog :)
ReplyDeletehappy tuesday!
ps - i LOVE the pic of the elephant ... but i pretty much heart cute pics of all animals :)
Super aggressive toilets...EEEEK!
ReplyDelete