Joe and I recently moved to a new house... not the one with the creepy sex offender neighbor. This place has a big ol' front yard for Mister Bondi, wood floors, a fireplace. Good times. We managed to convince the landlord that no non-refundable pet deposit (aka pay $500 to have a dog) was unnecessary since Bondi is so well behaved. Well it was a little awkward when we pulled up to the house to unload our first truck of stuff and Bondi hopped out right.in.front.of.landlord and ran to the first pile of dog poo and covered himself in it.
... oopsies I already mentioned poo, but I mean.. "dog poo" is NOT as bad as people poo, so whatevs.... sorry. won't do it again. anywhoodles...
Moving is a bitch... and we have still yet to unpack everything. Our second bedroom now is the designated room o' crap we
Joe and Bondi are quite comfortable in the new place. Can you tell they like each other?
So as I was saying, the new place is great. Big front yard, fenced side yard for the dogs - did I say dogs? I meant dog.. really, we're not getting another dog... truly - and lots more space.
Well it's not all sparkles and unicorns... as we quickly learned that we are not alone in the house. I should've been suspicious when the bird feeder I put out the first night we moved in was almost empty the next morning... and we had seen nary a starling. Well, on night two I woke up sometime around 3:00am to the sounds of gnawing and scurrying.
Joe... do you hear that?
<<mumble grumble>>
THAT. <<chomp.chomp.pitter patter pitter patter. chomp. chomp. chomp>>
Oh yes, we have company... rodent company. As in, we have rats in the walls. More on that later, but I will say nothing turns me on more than the sound of scurrying rats when I'm in bed.
We also have one of these that does his thing from approximately 6am-9am right outside our bedroom window.
Such a
I was off to New Orleans... just a few days after we moved in. I work for the family company which involves several times a year going to hardware tradeshows.
There are lots of perks to working for the family biz. Namely, I get to make my own hours and bring Mister Bondi to work with me. (Warning: here comes the sap). Perhaps the best part, though, is being able to spend so much time with my family. My parents work their freakin' asses off for this company, and they rarely take vacations. (Their 2-night getaway to Schweitzer with Joe and I was a huge deal for them...) So, going to tradeshows sometimes turns into a mini family vacation.
Usually my dad and I (along with another sales rep) go to most of the shows together, and just in the past year or so we've been to a hockey game in Atlanta, done the New York New York rollercoaster and learned to play craps in Vegas, and most recently frequented amazing jazz clubs on Bourbon Street. We saw this 500 lb dude sing his heart out one night last week.
I desperately wanted to tell him to go on Biggest Loser, but I refrained myself. *good girl*
One of the best nights in NOLA went to the Ace Mardis Gras "Party with a Purpose" - it was a charity event with dinner, OPEN BAR, and live entertainment. At one point the host asked for several girls to join him on stage to help out with a Tina Turner number. My dad (seriously, I swear he did) insisted that I do it... I wasn't so sure, as I had only had one adult beverage and the thought of
Somehow I was coerced into doing this though... and what I thought was going to be some sort of "Rolling on the River" sing-a-long turned into a full on Girls-Gone-Wild style dance competition including a very older woman who pulled her thong out of her pants. WTF??
I behaved though. Really. The wildest I got was swinging my Mardis Gras beads over my head and throwing them into the crowd. Too bad so sad most hardware folk are technologically challenged, otherwise I would be sharing a YouTube video of my ridiculously horrid dance performance. These pics from my dads phone will have to suffice.
You get the idea. Anyway...
It was good to come home. Bondi is a total mess when I'm gone... like OCD to the nth degree. He is already a ridiculously neurotic pup... (click thru "neurotic pup" to see him hiding in the tub!) and when his routine changes he goes a little bonkers. When I leave him at my mom's that usually involves him repeatedly locking himself in the storage closet downstairs... for reals. And this last time, he decided to bite all the hair off his bum.
It's slowly healing, but we may have to break out the cone if he doesn't knock.it.off.
Since it's Friday... I'll leave y'all with this precious pic of my pup from last night.
*no words*
Hoping to be back to my regularly scheduled musings, funnies and other garbage next week...




















That's hilarious that Bondi was so bad in front of your landlord! Oh no!! But at least he'd already agreed to the no deposit PRIOR to that little event. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my god, that would freak me out with the rats in the walls too. We have woodpecker problems at our house too. They peck on our chimney. But turning the fireplace on makes them go away so at least we have a solution.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun time in NOLA!
I think I am in love with Bondi. Naughty dogs are ace!
ReplyDeleteI hope the move and unpacking isn't too painful!
Kate x
http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com
OMG, OMG, I have SOOO much to say about this post.
ReplyDelete1. I LOVE Joe’s glasses- he looks smart and sexy …esp with Bondi next to him.
2. I love how you got on stage- you LOOK HOT!
3. Ace hardware …Ace is my dad’s company’s supplier of building supplies/hardware
4.rats in the wall- well you know that freaks me out. I would NEVER sleep. When I had MICE int he walls and in my apt. I told the landlord...they came, set traps, sealed ALL entries...and after 2 days, they were gone FOREVER. Landlords HAVE to take care of that. At least in MA, it is the law. Seriously, inquire about that. I don't know about the laws WA but I can help you with that! :)
5. I think Bondi has autism or aspergers (since he goes crazy when his routine changes)
6. He is SUPER cute in that last picture! I love him.
Rats? I would die. Mice, are ok. But rats??? I hope Bondi doesn't try to eat them!
ReplyDeleteAnd love you on stage and love even more that your dad was there to take pictures!