4.13.2010

i've been busy: part 2

So in my last hodgepodge post I left you with adventures at Schweitzer, and threw in some V-Day tights cause I knew Miss Summer would approve! Well I have lots more to share, so let's just rewind almost two months to Joe's Birthday Weekend in... you guessed it... Land of the Tater.

He's an Idaho boy through and through, that's for sure. Anywhoodles.. we like to celebrate birthdays (duh, who doesn't?) so we planned a weekend trip that involved festivities at the Coeur d'Alene resort, gallivanting in Sandpoint, and fabulous skiing in Schweitzer.

FRIDAY NIGHT
Joe's folks had a suite at the Coeur d'Alene resort Friday night, so we kinda sorta crashed their party. They loved it though :-)

~a few of us girlies~

~joe's folks and us~

~yup... give me some champagne and i'll give you a handstand~

~channeling my 14 year old gymnast~

~all together now... with the security officer mwahaha~

~take 2: he musta really wanted this pic b/c he asked to be our friend on facebook!~

~the silliness continues. birthday boy channeling his inner ninja, i think~

~obligatory bull statue photo op~

~admittedly aggressive~

~birthday boy in the loo. LOVE this pic! hehe~

SATURDAY
Joe rallied the troops at the butt crack of dawn to head up to Schweitzer for a day of skiing. I am NOT a morning person, especially when I've had too much to drinky (who is?) ... but I am proud to say I kept the bitching to a minimum, since Saturday was Joe's birthday and all. Schweitzer is about a 45 min drive from CDA, and after a ridiculous stop at Burger King with the most inept employees I have ever encountered, we were on our way.  

~bondi and i were in the same boat. yawns all around!!!~

~joe's bud is a 'lifty' at schweitzer.. they like to keep things entertaining~

Somehow I didn't take any more pics on the mountain Saturday, but it was an amazing day of skiing. However, some of our friends made me look like Lindsey Vonn had a hard time keeping up.. and I am not Miss Patience. However, I wouldn't have felt right about inviting them on a "ski trip" and then ditching them, so yeah. That sucked ass was mildly annoying. Anywayy....

SATURDAY NIGHT
We got a little hotel in Sandpoint and enjoyed the pool and hot-tub. Joe's folks came up and met us for dinner, and then we went out on the town. There are approximately two bars in 4 square blocks so we weren't exactly overwhelmed with options. It was a great time though... as we found a lil hole in the wall with SHUFFLEBOARD and Joe and I dominated. Yeah, I'm a big fan of winning.

~view from our $75/night hotel!~

~joe's folks and the birthday boy at dinner~

~shuffleboard!!!~

~more silliness~


~LAST pic of the night... can you tell?~

SUNDAY
On Sunday I insisted that Joe and I rent snowboards so that we wouldn't want to stab ourselves in the face all day waiting for the slowpokes could improve our snowboarding skillz... ya, well that backfired!! I have snowboarded just a handful of times and am okay, mainly cause I can wakeboard, but definitely not great by any standard. Everything was great at first, since we could all stay together without anyone feeling rushed or bored. But there's this whole edge thing on the snowboard that really didn't work out so well after I got a little cocky and started going fast... and yeah, I'm glad I was wearing a helmet because I got a *bad-ass* concussion. As in, I FELL like a slingshot onto my head and that was the last run of the day for me. Good times.

~beautiful day!~

~me and mine, on our boards~

~beer break~

Alright, that's all I got! Happy Tuesday, and check out Miss Kelsey's Wishful Wednesday this week... I may have contributed :-)

14 comments:

  1. The gymnastics photos are OH SO classic of you!!! I love it :) NOT, get to Crosffit at 5:30 so you can help me with pullups STAT~!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been impressed with peeps that can do handstands. You lucky girl you have a talent, if I was forced to do something I'd be in trouble cause I got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip!!! Too funny about the handstand. That's something I would do. Great choice for Wishful Wednesday tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww cute pics. that looks like way more fun than I thought people had in Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude. seeing you in these pics makes me realize how much fun we would have together. SO FREAKING MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that a moose, not a bull? Or is it a bull-moose... I'm a Canadian. I should know this shit.

    Looks like so much fun. I love to go to ski towns and drink my face off, I mean ski.

    PS. You're boyfriend is lovely to look at ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um. Uggs? Going out your BF's bday. Hot. How good did your feet smell at the end of the night?

    Joe looks like a baby! A cute one, but so young!

    And You and K are trying to get me to do Crossfit and she is talking about pull-ups. hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does Bondi do while you ski all day?
    That Lifty is ahh-mazing. We dont have ones like that over here!
    AND...I have no patience for slow skiers either- yuck. PRetty view for so cheap!!! nice. I should try to snowboard...but I like to stick to what I am good at :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to drink champagne with you!!!! we would have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a silly weekend indeed! ;-) LOVE the gymnast/handstand pictures! Glad you wore your helmet too!

    Happy Tuesday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Champagne makes you do handstands? Dude all champagne can make me do is a face plant. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like the greatest weekend ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun weekend

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog

    I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a blast! I'm from Boise, but I've only been to Sandpoint/CDA once when I was little. I remember it being very beautiful though. I'd love to go back someday!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?