Like Ashley, I'm very attached to my long hair and I really hate getting it cut. But... I hate spending money getting my hair cut even more... probably because it's so simple even
So the day before we left for the show I went to Great Clips on my lunch break. Classy, I know... I sit down and tell her I want only the ends trimmed. I always say this so that when they cut 2" I don't freak out, because you know when you say 2" it ends up being 5"... maybe it's a language issue? I don't know, but it's frickin' annoying.
Anywhoodles, no sooner do I sit down then the asian lady about to butcher my hair goes:
"OOOhhh, you have white HEH" (I'm pretty sure she was trying to say I have GRAY HAIRS... but "gray" must be a tough word to say?)
"Really b*tch? I wasn't aware."
No, I didn't say that... I said... "NO TIP FOW YOU"
That's a lie. Didn't say that either... really wanted to though... Seriously, who does that!
In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "HOW RUDE!"
Speaking of rude, did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy last night? You know, the episode in which Alex Karev's brother comes into town and needs his umbilical hernia repaired? Well I have an umbilical hernia. A couple years ago I felt something rip playing softball... and yeah, it wasn't fun. It is not and never has been as bad as this:
In fact, it's barely noticable... See it in the picture below?
However, they never go away on their own and it's possible it will just get worse.
Basically, I eventually have to have surgery on it. I'm no stranger to surgery - I'm at 5 and counting - but I am really not looking forward to this one because (1) I can't find a doctor who will agree to do it laproscopically, in other words I will have a big ol' scar on my tummy, and (2) it means no physical activity for a month. Anyway, so I'm in procrastination mode on that one.
But how did this come up? Oh yes, I was speaking of rude.
So my grandpa (you know, the one from TMI Thursday the other week?) is a retired doctor. I asked him what caused the hernia and if there was anything I could do to make it go away.
He told me... well it's probably because you're fat and it might go away if you lose weight.
Pmmf... Whatever he's senile and almost deaf, and now I'm thinking he may be going blind too :-)
But seriously, thanks Grandpa! I know you were never the King of Kindness or anything, but truly, your medical advice is very much appreciated. I'll get right on that...









Not that you don't look good in a bikini, but it's still not enough to cancel out the damage you did to my eyeballs with that first picture.
ReplyDeleteAgain…many things to say:
ReplyDelete1. Thanks for the shout out. I AM STILL MISSING MY 6-7 inches of hair, and last night my friend asked me if I GOT MORE CUT off…I guess it all of a sudden looked shorter.
2. My hair dresser is American. We do not have minorities where I live. Well…there are a few Asians at the nail places, but hard to find around my part of the woods…so language is NO issue here when it comes to hair…sometimes nails though.
3. Stephanie Tanner shout out-TOTALLY awesome. I say “So Rude!” all the time…maybe I am channeling Stephanie Tanner without giving her credit.
4. Yes, I did see Grey’s last night. I DVR’d it and watched when I got home from Girl’s night. When I see the Seattle cityscape I think of you. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME (Well, you and Kelsey) because you are the only 2 people I “know” who live there. I know 2 people who USED to live there, so I KINDA think of them. AND, I know one person who ALMOST moved there, so I think of her 1/9th of the time.
5. I thought that belly button hernia was yuck on Grey’s, but you having one..hmmm… I Have seen MANY MANY pictures of you in a bikini (here and on FB) and I Have NEVER EVER noticed anything weird or like that…so, no worries for you my dear.
6. Your Grampa calling you fat…I Laughed out loud. I will email you the story…but you my dear, are FAR FROM FAT. I think he may be blind…or maybe he was just hypnotized by your large boobies!
Oh my sweet heavens! You are not fat; age has just gotten to his eyesight and sanity!
ReplyDeleteAfter reading Ashley's comment there is nothing left to say. Ha.
ReplyDeleteYour grandpa sounds like someone in our family. LOL.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know how you feel about long hair..until last week I had LONGGGG hair. I cut off 11 inches and donated it to Locks of Love. Awesome cause but I do love long hair.
Oh my god, I can't believe your grandpa said that! I have the same problem with hair cuts. I think I'm going to start having Nick cut my hair.
ReplyDeletehahaha I can not believe your grandpa said that...or the hairdresser for that matter.
ReplyDeleteOMG people are so rude! ha. Well I think you look great!
ReplyDeleteum, apparently you're gpa hasn't seen you in that picture. you, my dear, are NOT FAT. and i can't even see your umbilical cord ... or hernia ... or whatever it's called :) (sorry not a grey's watcher, GASP i know!)
ReplyDeleteYou are so not fat, you tell that grandpa that from me okay?
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute! Can't read one of your posts without laughing!
ReplyDeletexoxo
lol!! u crack me up:) u are definitely not fat! have a great weekend, jenny!:)
ReplyDeleteTheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com
I had a lot to say as well, but Ashley really did say it all!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am on facebook too. Juliana King
ReplyDeleteSometimes my grandparents say things and I'm just like WHAT!?!? haha! Is that a Seafair picture?! Love it!
ReplyDelete