Friday!!
Started the weekend off right with a 5:30pm Cross Fit workout. It was a benchmark "Nancy" which consists of:
- 5 rounds x [400m run & 15 Overhead Squats @ 65lbs]
We snagged tickets to see Built to Spill at the Show Box at Pike Place - a real treat :-) BTS is an Idaho favorite that I first heard on the (only *cough*cough*) CD mix Joe made me, some 18 months ago now. I am a fan, and we all had an Amaaaazing time...
The show wrapped up around 12:45am and I was sleeeeepy girlfriend. But I really wanted to be accommodating girlfriend, so I agreed to going up to Capitol Hill to meet up with two of Joe's college buddies.
So off.we.went in a cab, to some bar - I have no idea because I could barely keep my eyes open - where I struggled to stay awake. Joe apparently didn't notice sleeeeepy girlfriend though, because after we (and by we I mean they... I was no longer drinking because of aforementioned narcolepsy risk factor) closed down the bar, Joe wanted to go to his buddy's place to continue the party into the wee hours of the night.
Remember the whole "Late Night" thing we used to do IN COLLEGE???? Yeah, that's what Joe had in mind. Apparently accommodating girlfriend agreed, though I still cannot say with certainty that happened. It was really neither here nor there, though, because as soon as we arrived to our late night destination, sleeeeepy girlfriend was promptly down.for.the.count. I guess Joe had a good time though playing some game that involved pennies. I don't know. I was told we made it back to our bed by 4:30am!!! I was also told that sleeeeepy girlfriend is very hard to maneuver out of a cab and up 4 stories to where we should have been several hours prior.
I think there's a take home lesson here for accommodating girlfriend here... Just Sayin...
Saturday!!!
Saturday
Well, around 2 PM we hear from Joe's college buddies and ***THEY.HAVE.MY.PHONE*** Hoorayyyy!!! So off.we.go. to Capitol Hill agaaaiiin to retrieve my BB. We meet college buddies for Bloody Marys (is the plural of Mary Maries? ha) and they seem oddly excited for me to get my phone back. When I turn it on I see why - they have left a lovely present for me as my new wall paper.
No, it is not appropriate to post on my PG-13 site. Yes, I did vomit a little bit in my mouth and promptly delete my mobile browsing history. Use your imagination :-)
Before we know it, it's TIME. We're off to meet Zach and Ashley at the Seattle Center to see Warren Miller's new Dynasty ski movie.
It.was.amazing. I can't wait to go skiing now!!!!!!! Here's the trailer:
After Dynasty, we go to Jabu's Pub in Queen Anne for dinner. The food is delicious, but I think only because we are all starving. haha.
Then Joe, Bondi and I head out to my folks' place for a low-key night. I take a photo shoot of my mom and our family's dog Sophie with my newly rescued BB. One of many:
Aaaand... obligatory shot: Bondi and me watching South Park:
Lucky me!!!!!!!! My dear friend Ashley invited me to join her for the MLS Cup (that's major league soccer for those of you who don't know) at Qwest Field. The MLS Cup is like the World Series of baseball... the NBA finals of basketball.. and the Super Bowl of football.
IN THE CUP FINAL: Real Salt Lake vs. Los Angeles Galaxy (yup, that's David Beckham's team!!)
Before the game a group of us met up at Pyramid Brewery my favorite pre-funk spot in SODO no doubt because we know the bartenders :-)
L to R: Brian, Joe, Ty, me, Lucien, Ash
Ash and me. And my "Idaho Hat"
Joe and me. And my "Idaho Hat"
Anywayyy... Ashley's tickets to the game were A-MAZING. We're talking about 5 rows up from the 50-yard line!!! They had lots of Bells and Whistles for the opening ceremony. Here are some pics:
Opening ceremony: Real Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy
Opening ceremony MLS Cup
Fireworks at Qwest Field!!
Obligatory David Beckham shot. Whatever :-)
L to R: Brian, me, Lucien and Ashley. Awesome seats, eh??
So umm... I love soccer and all. But after regulation time was finished, I was hungry.. and I'm not going to lie.. I wanted a cigarette. (No smoking ANYWHERE at Qwest Field). I refused to pay for Qwest field overpriced crap so I left with intentions of grabbing a quick Veggie Dog (and smoke) outside and hurrying back in. As I was leaving the wanna-be Police Officer security guards told me there was no entry. At that point I had already decided. It.was.time.
So I marched off on my veggie dog mission, but arrived at my destination hot-dog vendor of choice, I discovered I had no cash. MAJOR FAIL!!!
It was time for PLAN B.
Hot-Dog Vendor told me how much he liked my Idaho Hat.
I told Hot-Dog Vendor his hat (a Seahawks beanie) was okay... but not as cool as my Idaho Hat. Then I told Hot-Dog Vendor I thought his veggie dogs were pretty awesome, though.
Hot-Dog Vendor offered to trade me his Seahawks beanie and a veggie dog for my Idaho Hat.
My head said NO. My heart said NO. But my stomach said YES.
MY STOMACH WON:
Hot-Dog Vendor (aka Bill) sporting my "Idaho Hat"
At least I got a scrumptious veggie dog out of it :-(
For real, peeps... I feel I made a very.bad.decision!!! If only there were trade-backs...
In all seriousness, I'm heading to Value Village ASAP.




















Ahhh no! Trader's remorse! :-( The hat was so cute too. Bummer! Oh, and have to say that I'm so jealous that you got to see the new Warren Miller! My favorite days at Spin Class are when my instructor plays those videos on the screen. It's awesome :-) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteIdaho hat = best story ever!!!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what the first part of your Friday post is about. I'm guessing it's an exercise of some sorts. Blech! Good for you for doing whatever it was. My legs hurt just from reading it :)