10.13.2009

Pho with Jeni, Tommy & Silly Waitress

Last night I met my dear friend Jeni and her adorable son Tommy for dinner at Pho Viet Anh in Queen Anne. How cute are they???

Jeni and I were the best of friends since she switched to Overlake in tenth grade. Aaaah, we've had some damn good times.

Now, she is married (I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in her FABULOUS wedding!!!) and has an adorable 18 month old son named Tommy. BTW, she documents Tommy's many adventures here.

Anywayyy, Tommy is the cutest damn kid you could ever imagine, and he is such a HAM!!! Don't believe me? See below...



Dinner last night reminded me so much of when my little brother Gabriel (now 13!) was Tommy's age. Family dinners were always such an adventure!

Before I proceed, let me just say that Pho (if you've never had it, go directly to your nearest Vietnamese hole-in-the-wall, do not pass go, do not collect $200) is a delicious Vietnamese soup that is served fast & hot! Pho restaurants are never upscale joints (this place was no exception) but they don't break the bank!

HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST NIGHT:
  • Silly waitress brings Tommy a bib and puts it on him. He promptly removes it and thrusts it on the table. Silly waitress - looking disconcerted - tries again. Tommy thrusts bib at silly waitress. Silly waitress gives up.
  • Tommy entertains himself with noodle soop and spring rolls. Food ends up on table/floor. Adjacent table not bothered in the slightest, but silly waitress insists Jeni trade places with Tommy so he is next to the wall instead of the aisle. Jeni obliges. I hold back laughter at notion that this will somehow transform Tommy from 18 month old in highchair to, well, whatever the silly waitress has in mind.
  • Young couple sit behind Tommy. Woman is our age, and her reaction to Tommy suggests that her ovaries are aching for an adorable youngin of her own. I'm amused that her date (bf? fiance? husband?) will undoubtedly be on the receiving end of many *hint*hint*s throughout the night. I overhear silly waitress ask them if the table will be alright since "he" is behind them. Are you freaking kidding me? They're delighted! hehe. Silly waitress.
  • Tommy gets bored of highchair. Gets upgraded to mommy's lap. Escapes to table with 3 older folks a few feet away. Older lady is enchanted by Tommy (who wouldn't be?) and uses yellow napkin to create animal figures. Has Tommy absolutely cracking up. So adorable to watch! Everyone is amused, except, apparently, the silly waitress, who is at the cash register SCOWLING at little Tommy. Seriously, the look on her face is as though he is smearing cockroach infested dog poo all over her restaurant. Jeni and I laugh, wonder if silly waitress always looks so wretched. Tommy, of course, doesn't notice. Neither does table of three he is being entertained by, slash entertaining.


Oh, what a fun evening! We get our check and Jeni tips the silly waitress something crazy like 30% ... Seriously? Jeni explains they are 'regulars' and I nod. Jeni is a much better person than me.

*All images from http://www.littletommysmith.blogspot.com/ - thanks Jeni!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?