10.21.2009

Wishful Wednesday: Vacation



I wish I was going on vacation tomorrow,
and I would want to go to Costa Rica.

Nevermind that I just arrived in Atlanta, where I'll be spending the next few days. I'm thinking VACATION... (thanks kels!)

I've been wanting to plan a trip to Costa Rica for awhile now.. I think it's the ideal vacation destination, because Costa Rica has the whole white sand beach thing, scuba diving.. and MONKEYS!!!!



See, how cute are they??? :)

I hear if you stay at a beach resort, sometimes they have tame monkeys that will come try and steal your drink from you if you're not paying attention.. and then they get drunkyyy!! What a RIOT:)

I think I'd totally opt for chillin' in hotsprings with the snow monkeys in Japan, except that I'm not a huge fan of the whole *freezing my ass off* thing. Islands are supposed to be warm and tropical. DUH. But seriously, these Japanese Macaques are pretty freakin' cool!!





Which brings me to my ALL TIME FAVORITE island: Australia. I totally would've picked Australia, except a vacation just ain't gonna cut it. I need lotsa time Down Under.

I lived in Australia for six+ months during my junior year of college, and it was absolutely Heaven. On. Earth. I lived in a "flat" with six other students from Duke.. and I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty Real World - esque. Check out the view from our place:



The view is of Coogee Beach, a suburb of Sydney. Everything about Australia was amazing, and I would love to go back. But like I said, I need more than just a week or two. Luckily, Joe had an amazing experience in Australia during college also, so I have no doubt the two of us will be headed back there someday, hopefully sooner than later!!!!

FUNNY FACT: Bondi, my dog, is named after Bondi Beach in Australia. Bondi Beach is right next to Coogee Beach. I wanted to name my dog as a tribute to my time in Oz. However, I couldn't see naming my dog "Coogee"... sounds to much like "coochie"... Can you image, "Coochie, COME!" :)

Anyway, that's all I got for now. To join in on Wishful Wednesday, check out Miss Kelsey's blog at The Seattle Smith's~~~

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I didn't know you had a love for MONKEYS!!! Let's go together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Japanese Macaques have to be about as cool as it could get,Jenny! I don't think I'd be up for the total immersion experience but I would certainly love to dangle my feet. I would love to do that. Maybe we could do that after Fairbanks in February?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know...those monkeys in the hot spring!?!?! hysterical. I may have to go there just to see that in person :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?