1.25.2010

love this boy

... even though I bitch about laundry, and often aren't as nice to him as he deserves. He is my person, and my favorite. Just a little about Joe (and me), and a few of the reasons why I am so very lucky to have him in my life:

(1)  We met playing softball on our co-ed team "Smack My Pitch Up!" and, well.. the rest is kinda history. I could tell right away Joe was a good person because he was still fun and supportive even when  I  some girls on the team sucked... He was always carrying the cooler, hitting ground balls to everyone, and generally being a good guy.


* team player, in more ways than one *

(2) He let me teach him how to wakeboard. This was arguably our first "date" (depending on what that even means now a'days....) and he was quite a sport! Didn't even act nervous about me driving the boat...


*spontaneous * fun *

(3) Speaking of driving the boat, he is much better at pulling me wakeboarding than anyone else that comes to mind, and he has skillz, meaning I totally trust he will not run me over and take off a limb. PLUS he looks sexy in a life jacket!! Not an easy feat....


* can handle 350 HP. GRRRrrr *

(4) He is not embarassed when I feel the urge to rock a side ponytail. Very important.


* appreciation of dorky *

(5) If I was lost in the wilderness, I would want Joe around. Not only for the obvious companionship reasons, but also he's quite handy with the whole fire-making, shelter-building, knife-wielding sort of stuff...


* can build a fire *


* resourceful *

(6) Love me, love my dog. And he loves Mr. Bondi.. so much that he would take him out in the middle of the night when there was a foot of snow on the ground when Bondi was sick. That may have been more love for me (and un-love for cranky morning Jenny who hasn't had enough sleep) but regardless.. this one is definitely on my list!


* excellent big spoon, with bondi and me *

(7) Joe is sweet and thoughtful. He likes it when I get "dressed up" and never forgets to tell me so... in orther words... he's a good at giving compliments!!! And PS- it's so easy to take that for granted unless you've been with someone who doesn't do that, and it REALLY sucks. Well, that is not a problem my amazing boyfriend has. SweetHeart. Oh, and I think we clean up well together :-)


* can "vegas" with me - muy importante *


* will wear a suit just so i don't feel over dressed *

Mmmmm.... now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

That is certainly not all.. but I also certainly need to get some work shit done. Like right meow...

Just thought I'd let y'all know how lucky I am :-)

20 comments:

  1. Aw that was super cute! You two are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, that was so nice!!! You seem like you have a great guy there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if Mr. Bondi approves...that's what truly counts!
    And I adore the side ponytail!
    XXOOXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, so sweet!
    I love watching Mr. Smith with our pups. It's just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read this post while waking up this am and loved it. loved it!!!

    i love you and Joe and you make one gorgeous couple together.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joes are the best :)

    Sounds like this one is clearly worth keeping...forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - so sweet of you to write this!

    Love that last picture of you two together. Picture = pure hotness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've got a good egg to me! And YOWZA...that last dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are GORGEOUS! Just sooooo ya know! Seriously... I love this post. Probably because I am in LOVE with love!
    Have a great day lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a cute couple!! New to your blog and I will be back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is *Appreciation of Dorky* HA! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's so wonderful to be so happy with someone. what a sweet post!!
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post!!!! Isn't love the greatest feeling :)) And you heard right, I took a wedding planning class this past semester! It was offered through the School of Hospitality. But it was only offered that semester and then they decided to not offer it anymore..so I was one of the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! I just came across this, and coincidentally I too posted a thing about my boy today :) Aren't we just both so lucky? <3

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?