Working from home = HUGE PLUS because:
(1) I get to skip the whole.. sitting in gridlock traffic thing that is so lovely in Seattle... member my rap about it?
(2)
(3) I can catch up on laundry while I'm working.
While we're on the topic of laundry, today I had a a miniature laundry breakdown. I hate laundry. It freaking NEVER ENDS...
Lucky for me, laundry is my responsibility... because Joe is "scared" to do laundry. I have no idea why that would be. It surely has nothing to do with the fact that I might have freaked out a teensy weensy bit after the 11th time he WASHED my dryclean only and DRYED my lacey undies and bathing suits.. surely that cannot be the reason. I mean, we had several lessons on what can and cannot be washed/dryed, but apparently I have instilled the Fear of God in him and he will.not.touch.laundry less he be subjected to the "Wrath of Jenny". His words.
In all fairness, he does dishes. But I would SOOooo rather
Anyway, relationships are all about compromise and what have you. That's what they say... so I do the laundry. Here's what I accomplished today... these are clean, btw:
Somewhere under this massive pile is actually a basket. It's a-freakin-lot, right??? I mean, seriously. How is this even possible???
Well I'll tell you why: Mister boyfriend goes through about 12 lbs of clothes a day! Yes, that's right. NONE of those clothes are mine. They're ALL Joe's. Seriously.
Here's Joe's day with clothes:
Wake up and throw PJs on floor... unless they were already on the floor ;-) Regardless, they end up on the floor.
Get dressed for work... that involves at least 4 items of clothing, more if its a "professional attire" day.
Get home from work and change into comfy clothes.
Add gym clothes if it's a work-out day.
Shower and throw towel on floor (actually truth be told Joe's towels usually make it in the 'laundry' wherever that is, and mine end up on the floor, but heyyy at least I usually reuse 'em).
Change into comfy clothes (*not the same* as before post-work, pre-shower comfy clothes) which may or may not end up on the floor by the morning....
This is totally.out.of.hand!!!
So I kindly sent Mr. Joe a few text messages just now:
"If u don't stop throwing everything u wear ONE TIME in the laundry I'm going to kill you."
"I know where you sleep."
"Unless you sweat/poop/pee/make sexy time in it, it is NOT dirty. Unless it touches your balls, then it can be washed."
"Blood, blood counts too..."
I thought this was short and sweet! But no response....
UPDATE: Joe just got home from work. He's wearing sweatpants, sneakers and his button-down work shirt. This is actually a cute look, btw :-) He said he was going to the gym tonight but the dress shirt threw me off, so I asked what the deal was. He said he was trying to "save" his shirt from wrinkles.
Good boy...I guess I DID make my point!!!
However, he wouldn't let me take a picture. Oh well, you win some.. you lose some... :-)








hahahaha. I always wear clothes a few times before washing, even when I had no washer right next to my bedroom and even now that I Do! I LOVE THIS!
ReplyDelete1. Do you have a washer in your house or do you have to go out?
ReplyDelete2. I completely agree with wearing things more than once before washing.
3. Joe seems like he listens very well. Ha.
Hahahaha....I am literally laughing at my desk so hard right now?
ReplyDeleteI also will NEVER let anyone touch my clothes for washing. I know the exact directions for ever piece, and no one else can ever get it right.
I think Joe and I are alike in the "wearing 27 pieces of clothes a day" part though. TEN always says "how can a mound of clothes that big develop over 2 days time? Oh I know...because you wear 5 outfits per day. Which is ridiculous. I, however, don't agree :)
That is TOO funny! 5 outfits per day, haha! Greg does a load of laundry EVERY morning (towels, gym clothes, PJs) where I think that is just wasteful! I do my laundry in big piles each weekend. Good for Joe for trying! ;-) Hope you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is the same way. I need to put a clothing quota on him!
ReplyDelete