Bloggy world, meet my family. Minus my sister. Plus Joe.
SIDENOTE: There are 12 years between my sister and I, and my lil bro. People tend to ask if he was a "mistake". Nope, negativo. Apparently my sister and I were.. but Gabe.. he was planned. In fact, I distinctly remember my mom giving my dad her IUD in a ring box for Christmas one year. Special :-) But I digress...
So Gabe's a cool kid. My sister and I take
Well, it's officially winter now. We have a season passes to Snoqualmie/Alpental - a pretty decent mountain about an hour from Seattle - and have yet to go. Shame on me!
I kinda sorta planted this seed in my brother's head that I was going to take him up night skiing slash snowboarding with Joe and I this week, and it kinda sorta hasn't happened yet. And it's Thursday.
Monday - 7" of new snow but Joe and I were exhausted from the holiday weekend. Gabe, not so much. But what are ya gonna do?
Tuesday - it rained. Me no likey rain.
Wednesday - more rain. 'Nuff said.
Today... brother texts me.
"Is today snowboarding"
"Sure if you want. Currently 21* and hard ice pack. Better than rain."
"Do you want to or are u being sarcastic"
(Brother apparently knows me well, or else 13 year olds 'get' sarcasm)
"No I'm not being sarcastic, icy is excellent! Better than rain anyway. I just wish it would freakin snow already haha"
"Alright :-) ill go if u want"
(Don't twist his arm, right?)
"Okayy then joe and I will leave when he gets off work at 5... pick u up @545 and be up there by 630 or so. It'll be cold so remember dress warm"
(Brother checks weather report - see below - online)
"K but also sunburning conditions!!"
"WTF Gabe... nightskiing. Really??"
Oh, brother!!
Too harsh? :-) Anywayyyy... so I guess we're going skiing, or I should say.. slip slidin' away.. tonight.
Looking forward to it. Seriously. No, really. I am.










Oh yuck yuck yuck! I don't like ice. At all!
ReplyDeleteYou & Joe are smokin!!
PS: I passed a little award along to you. :)
Haha how cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's courage!! I tried skiing once. It ended badly. I try not to think about it, actually. But have fun!!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about my brother. He is only 7 years younger, but I think of him as my baby! He loves it when I ruffle his hair and pinch his cheeks.
ReplyDeleteHave a blast!
bahahahah omg!! i love that you edited the picture!!! hahah
ReplyDeleteMy little brother is 7 years younger then him (4 years younger then my sister) and we treat him like a baby. He is also crazy spoiled by my parents. He was an accident or as my mom says "a surprise."
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good sis to your brother!! I love when ya'll volunteer together!
ReplyDeletethis is so sweet! I am 12 years younger than my oldest brother... sometimes it just happens that way!
ReplyDelete