1.19.2010

Bring on hump day...

... because I'm ready for this week today to be over.

Our Subaru has been having a rough time lately.. to the tune of, oh, a bajillion dollars $2,000+ in repairs rough in the last few months.

Rewind to Sunday while I'm being all independent and what have you, driving to get some space "run some errands" and all of the sudden there is smoke coming out of the hood. Lovely...

So I pop the hood, because, clearly, I.CAN.HANDLE.THIS.

What to do? Of course... check the oil!!! I pull the little oil dipper doo-dad out, wipe it off, stick it back in. Hmmm... There's oil in the car. Now what?? I was not going to call Joe just yet, cause I.CAN.TOTALLY.HANDLE.THIS. but SHIT... dad's on business in China... don't know country code or need a $78 international calling charge.

Next man on the list: My Uncle Jack. He tells me to check for anything that could get lodged in the engine that may cause it to smoke, and I find a piece of cardboard (which I later learn Joe uses as a funnel and stores on the side of the engine intentionally, go figure) and determine this must be the cause of the problem.

Remove cardboard. Restart car. DAMN. Still smoking... and lovely, there's green stuff coming out of the hood. This, apparently, is antifreeze. Good times. (Sidenote: antifreeze is very tasty and incredibly poisonous to, as in sure fire way to kill, dogs).

At this point I call Joe. HANDLING THIS: FAIL.

Long story short, the radiator was cracked which I have learned causes the antifreeze to leak, the car to overheat, and can do all sorts of bad stuff. So there goes another $500. Yippee!!

Oh, and the car was supposed to be fixed this morning but it wasn't so I had to reschedule my dentist appointment that I urgently scheduled yesterday because I keep having dreams about my teeth falling out and this one tooth is killing me and I'm SURE I have a cavity but when I went in this afternoon I just found out it's just phantom pain (whatever that is?) which is good, I guess, except now I'm pretty sure my dentist who I've seen since I was 3 thinks I'm crazy because I told him about my recurring teeth dreams... and *breathe* aaahhhh.... was that sentence long enough?

So I decide to go to CrossFit to blow off some steam. Good plan. Except I get there and realize I have no sports bra. Whatever, I'm gonna do this anywayy...

And then I learn the WOD (workout of the day) is "Annie on the Run" - translation: a VERY bad day to forget your sports bra. This workout involves a lot of double unders (yup-Jump Rope, lovely) and a lot of running. I hope it was entertaining for all the men.

Oh, and one more CrossFit woe, because I haven't complained enough in this post. Back in December I did a benchmark WOD that was freakin brutal. I think it's called "Fran" or "Angie" or I dunno, but regardless it is:
  • 100 pullups
  • 100 pushups
  • 100 situps
  • 100 squats
Afterwards I was literally so sore that I COULD NOT straighten my arms for days. One night, I was using those hand-warmers some people use while skiing to try and relax my biceps, and I fell asleep with one on my arm.

Well, it slipped from my bicep down to my forearm and I woke up with freakin' 2nd degree burns on my arm... seriously!! I had 4 blisters that oozed and hurt like hell and were just plain nasty. And worst of all, they were in the shape of a freakin' PENIS!!!!

I did the whole neosporin - don't touch - don't pick thing for weeks. I'm kinda OCD about picking but I SWEAR I was really good about it because I DID NOT WANT A PENIS SCAR.

But alas, it was meant to be. Today in the elevator, I looked down at my forearm and have come to terms with my Angie-Induced CrossFit Penis Scar:
 

Okayy it doesn't really look like a penis anymore, but it used to!!!

Now it just slightly resembles a long skinny curved one with very small testicles. Or it looks like I cut myself. Not sure which is better... thoughts?? 

So how was your day?

8===D

PS-that could totally be a new smiley face!

8 comments:

  1. Which I am sure was intentional. And which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, WHAT a post! You're funny :-) Too bad about your car!! And don't worry, I TOTALLY have tooth-crumbling nightmares (shit, now I'm gonna have one tonight!) What is this "Phantom pain" thing?? Oh and god, too bad about forgetting your sports bra! AND the bootwarmer (that's what we call it :-)) burning your arm! Hope your day is BETTER TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! I didn't think that those things got that hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally had a post JUST LIKE THIS in my que for last week and deleted it b/c i thought i sounded like i was on a rant. but you totally were on a rant. and i loved it :) it made me giggle.

    i mean, obviously it totally sucks that your car is breaking down and you have a burn and you forgot your sports bra. but you know. it still made me giggle.

    thanks!

    AND...i just stole your smilie face 8===D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the car! :( And I don't know ho you CF people do it! I poop out after about 10 pushups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, awesome. ANother post that makes me SOOO, SOOO upset I do not have Crossfit near me. Total Bummer.
    I would love to feel so much pain, I need to use tools that burn myself.
    AND, I have used those warmers before, and have never experienced a burn. Hmm. I will think twice before giving them to children again. It doesnt look like a penis..it does look like you are a cutter though. JK. JK.
    Ew. I hate car issues. Andrew just paid $500 today for his car (not our Subaru) but still...that is money I could spend elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. thanks for last night. I will email you later to tell you the Piri update, but I am off to zumba- not as bad ass as crossfit but still...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penis scar!?! I just almost peed laughing.

    Car trouble sucks. I don't know what I would do if my dad didn't live near me or wasn't around. K is pretty much as dumb as I am when it comes to cars. In fact sometimes I wish I could get an extra boyfriend just for car repairs and fixing applicances.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?