Quick update - just picked Bondi up from the vet. He had to be put under today to have his teeth cleaned - no extractions necessary, yay! Apparently when Bondi came to from the anesthesia, he "tried to hurt himself" (vet's words) and needed to be sedated.
This sounds like one of Bondi's panic attacks to me. He doesn't do well without me in unfamiliar places and I'm sure FREAKED OUT when he woke up in a little cage. I warned them about this... but they said, "Oh no.. he'll be fine... just come pick him up at 4:00 PM." Well, I got a call at 1:00 saying they'd like me to come pick him up ASAP.
Told ya!!! What did mommy say?? haha
Poor Bondi is walking around like a total drunky. I actually don't even know if you can call it walking. In the car ride home his head kept falling awkwardly all over the place so I held it up while driving in the rain and other various multi-tasking. Super Safe.
I would post a picture but it's just too sad and pathetic... and my cell phone isn't working because I spilled water on it this morning.
So now I'm working from home because Bondi needs to be monitored. I set him up a little bed on the floor next to me. His continuous whining is quite distracting though (he apparently still hasn't recovered from this morning's trauma at the vet) and I have to remind him every minute or so "It's ok" so he'll stop whining for just a few seconds.
Good times. Back to "work" now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Such a mean mommy for putting you child through that :) Glad he is home safe...I am sure he will forget all about it tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOMG! I had a fit when my dog "puked" in 2 places this morning. Now, Bondi has Piri beat!
ReplyDeleteTRIED TO Hurt himself!! Poor Bondi. I hope he comes through soon! Good luck with "work" I am supposed to be doing that too..but, um no.
Aww...sending love to Bondi!! Kinda funny that the vet called you like "come get him now!" haha!
ReplyDeletePoor puppy! Hope he's feeling better now :)
ReplyDelete