12.11.2009

good news!

Good News!!!

We finally have a Christmas Tree* in our apartment. Yuppers, folks. I came home last night and there was a little Christmas Tree in the window by the dog bed... it even had lights and some ornaments random stuff hung on it! Yay :-) Good job, Joe!


Bad News...
  1. Upon closer inspection, this *Christmas Tree (besides being TINY) is actually not a tree at all, but rather just a large Rosemary Bush from Whole Foods. Not complaining... just sayin.... Coincidence that Joe likes to cook with rosemary? I think not.
  2. I'm pretty sure Joe only gave in and got this Christmas Tree bush because he was in.the.doghouse. and not because he hadn't gotten a tree yet. But that's another story...
  3. I actually beat Joe to it because I.just.wanted.a.damn.tree. so I came home with an 8" tall (Seriously!) lil' guy from QFC. I splurged on it - $5.99 - but I figured, heck! It came with 3 ornaments ;-)
Moving on, I'm gonna go head and call this lil rosemary. bush. slash. christmas. tree a WIN anyway... in the spirit of the Holidays!!!! meh... and my mini Christmas tree is now chilling on my desk at work:


Don't judge me. I'm messy.

In Other News...
Good: Happy Friday!!!
Bad: I spilled coffee all over my jeans this morning :-(
Good: Said coffee spill matches my apparently coffee-colored Uggs-of-the-Day.

Yes, I took this pic while driving. So what? :-)

Lastly... I Am Soooo Flipping SORE!!!

I mean, kudos to me for actually going to Crossfit Wednesday AND Thursday... I guess. But Wednesday was a brutal leg workout with crazy lunges and squats and "wall balls" (google video Crossfit Wall Ball!) and then yesterday was a "benchmark" Angie:
   100 pullups
   100 pushups
   100 situps
   100 squats
And today I can't sit. Or stand. Or lift my arms above my head. Or turn my body. Seriously... it's awkward! The bad kind. I mean, really... I should have a handicapped parking sticker for days like this because it's so painful even to get in/out of my car, let alone walk!!!

Please just picture this.. it literally takes me about 30 seconds to get in or out of my car. No kidding.  I think I'm dying.


It can't be that bad, you say? Ummm... It's so bad that last night - just an hour or so after the workout, read: before soreness even really set in - my 89 year old grandpa (who I'm pretty sure is almost blind) asked me if I was limping!!!!

So yeah. That's all I got. A rosemary bush for a Christmas Tree and a body apparently saturated with lactic acid. Good times. But TGIF, or whatever ;-)

6 comments:

  1. ahhahahah. THAT TREE- I mean rosemary bush is just amazing. The decoration...LOVE THEM. AND that grey goose WOULD never stay unopened under/next to my tree! ha.
    Ya, see, I knew you would be ok with Joe not reading on his own at some point. You can't make fun of him if he reads it! That is what I was trying to tell you before! :)
    ANd, ya....Crossfit...that sounds so amazing (sarcatic tone) I am so upset the closest one to me is an hour one way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe is very cute for getting you a tree...even is it is a herb. I am just tried reading that workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - I think your "tree" is cute. We just finished with ours & I need to get some pictures up.

    I've gone through some leg workouts before that leave me so freaking sore I can't even walk normally for a week, much less sit & then get up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE ANGIE and so proud of you little lady! I will be back to CF starting after the new year. TOO DANG BUSY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shazam!!!!!!!! We both scored. I guess the dog house isn't a happy place for the boys after all :) I was seriously considering crate training TEN. However, after Daisy and I brought home the tree he was crestfallen as he had planned to surprise me on Friday. hahahaha....he should have thought about that earlier!

    Sometimes we girls just have to take control of the situation don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and about your excercising...psht.

    Congrats and all that..but I think you are nuts;) Exercise can kill you!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?