12.23.2009

oh, college (weekend)

Well Hello, blogger friends!!! I don't know about everyone else, but it has been a CRAZY week... so hard to find the time to catch up with y'all!!!

My weekend was quite eventful... actually, exhausting. Far too much making party... but it was fun. But it's Tuesday Wednesday, and I'm still exhausted, and most definitely coming down with something. However, we had some a-mazing times. I think it was worth it... you guys can decide for yourself.

FRIDAY was my friend Digga's 30th Birthday Party, hosted at Q Cafe with a BLACK and WHITE theme (so much fun!!!). It was only $20 for 4 hours of OPEN BAR (yes, seriously!) with yummy food, cupcakes, kegs, wine, cocktails, and about 70 of his closest friends. Doesn't get much better than that!!!

Here I am with a few of my girlfriends:

Here's a better close up of my dress, which I found at Loehmann's for $49, marked down from $158. Score!!! :-) 

The open bar ended at midnight, so we all headed out to Rob Roy in Belltown. At this point there were still about fifteen people from the party, including my friend Jen, Ashley, Joe and I.

Well... umm... we closed down the bar. Good work. THEN four of us (Joe and I included) made our way to my apartment where we planned to crash... when it was like FATE.STEPPED.IN and we got in the elevator with four peeps who were heading to a CHRISTMAS PARTY on the 5th Floor at 2:15 AM. Anyone see where this is headed?

College Late-Night!!!!

Umm, yeah. Somehow I convinced Joe and our two guests that "we were invited" to this party on the 5th floor, and we should TOTALLY go... because OMG it would be fun. (For the record, we were NOT actually invited.) Umm yeah.... so we crashed a stranger's Christmas party. Seriously.

BTW remember I am wearing a party dress (we all were in Black Tie attire) so I'm feeling pretty fun. Did I mention I love dress up? :-) 

I promptly sit down around a table of 7 people... they are clearly like who the f* is this? And this little chihuahua jumps up in my lap... I'm not a little dog person, but the dog is more interesting than the people, and I'm flattered the dog joins me, so I'm petting it. Then some snatch-face chick (apparently toy dog's owner) doesn't like this, and desperately grabs the dog from my lap.

Snatch-Face: My dog does not like you.
Me: That's not what she told me... (REALLY, I said this!)
Snatch-Face: Well "Princess" is very particular..
Me: Well maybe you should stop treating your dog like a toy.

*awkward silence*

After that, things got much better. I actually made friends, haha... although I probably could have gone without trying to convince the host that he should let me go get Bondi...

"He's just right downstairs. I SWEAR you'll LOVE him, and he won't eat Princess!!!"

Finally around 5 AM everyone else started having a "Kumbaya" guitar session and apparently we were interrupting the peace and love jam... or something That is when we were escorted out, literally.

All in all, the fact that we crashed a party and weren't made to leave until almost 3 hours later... well I consider that a TOTAL WIN!!!! :-)

SATURDAY we had no real plans... one of our girlfriends came over and the Joe, her and I ended up going to get Brunch (around 2 PM!! does that still count?) at Buckley's. The Duke-Gonzaga Basketball game was on so there was nowhere to sit, except this one table next to a bunch of kids wearing Duke shirts who were "saving the table" in a packed restaurant for their friends that weren't there yet. (RUDE?)

Anyway, I'm not crazy for my alma mater, remember? But I thought, "let's not cause a fight now". So in my most sweetest hungover voice I said, "Does it make a difference if I went to DUKE?" And guess what, it did!! This shouldn't be a surprise, since Duke peeps are so.much.better. than everyone else. Whatever, I went with it... we got our table.

Well this is freakin' crazy: The guys in the Duke jerseys say they recognize me... asked me what year I was... etc. We went through the whole name-game (name-dropping: a favorite activity of Dukies..) Turns out my roommate Lucy and I "worked" their DTD progressive when he was rushing. Basically that means we dressed up slutty and hazed rushes... made them drink...etc.

Umm, I barely remember going to this party, but not only did this guy remember... he pulled up a freakin' picture of it on his iPhone. I kid you not!!!

Then these texts (not altered for grammar) transpired between 3 or so-mimosas deep me and my Duke roomie Lucy:

Me: Dude I'm at a bar for mimosas and brunch (at 3 ahah) and ust ran into a bunch of dukies that apparently live here and omg one of em said u and lucy worked my room at teh dtd party he was a rush 08. Apparently we made a lasting impression cuz he said u guys stayed awhile and then left to go to another party hahhahahaha
Lucy: hahahah yea we left to go to delta sig I think. can't believe we made such a lasting impression.

Umm, so I just found on Facebook, the pic the guy pulled up on his iPhone looked something like this...


...which I thought was hilarious and promptly showed Joe. PS - notice Bondi in the background? Yup, he has always come everywhere with me! :-)

Oh, college.

Anyway, the rest of the afternoon/evening continued to be very college, and went something like:
Pyramid Brewery. Airport trip to pick up sister (no driving for me though!). Pyramid Brewery, again. Crashing another Christmas party, except we were *kinda* invited this time. Playing Foosball - so much fun. Getting tipsy butt kicked at Foosball. Drinking a random concoction of Christmas beverages.. gross. Staying out way.too.late. again.

And then SUNDAY I went to the Hawks Game with my girl Ashley!!! She invited me and it was so.much.fun. The seats were ridiculously amazing, see:

It was an amazing time!! I will just say that, without any more details :-)

'Twas a very fun, very college weekend. But I think I have realized... much body is just too old for so many beverages and so little sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. Wow that really is a good deal that dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDS amazing. The whole late night party crashing of someone in your building is SOO ME. Snatch face- LOL!!!! obvi her dog loves you if it came up to you...she was just jealous! :))
    And, the Duke kid having your pic on his Iphone....That made me think YOU ARE A BABY!! IPHONES did not exist when I was in college! :)
    You are one HOT HOT lady though...Joe is one lucky _________. Tell him I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm allowed to say this...

    My husband is a major UK fan. So the fact that you went there and aren't a fan would just THRILL him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most excellent weekend!! Can we please discuss "princess"?!?! that girl needs to get a life.

    and the pix from college....HOT!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?