12.24.2009

i *heart* secret santa

Prep In The Big Apple at Whale Flip Flops planned a Secret Santa Blogger gift exchange... which was quite fun! I *love* getting stuff in the mail, and since all my family lives in the area, it doesn't happen very often, except for stuff I order online for other people, and that's not quite as fun :-)

So I was super excited several days ago when I had two packages waiting for me with no return address on them! One included a gift card to LUSH which sells fresh handmade cosmetics. LUSH believes:
  • Use Fresh Ingredients
  • Protect the Planet
  • Make Products By Hand
  • Responsible Packaging
  • Greener Living
  • No Animal Testing
  • Greener Catalogs
I've never shopped at LUSH before, so I headed to Westlake Center downtown to check out their stuff. They have the coolest handmade cosmetics and soaps, all so pretty!! I picked out a couple different handmade organic soaps, made from real fruits and vegetables. At LUSH, they cut the soap off the block for you according to how much you want, and charge by the quarter pound. It's quite something!!! So here's what I came home with:

Sexy Peel - delectable lemon and lime marmelade soap with just a touch of sex appeal.


I Should CoCo - the creme de la creme of coconut soaps with dried coconut to gently exfoliate.

Honey I Washed the Kids - Carmel and honey scented soap to clean up the whole family.


I'm so excited to try these delicious looking new soaps :-)

But WAIT... there's more!!!

My lovely Secret Santa also sent me 3 reusable eco-friendly bags from enVbags.com - yayy!!! OMG I totally collect these reusable bags and have about 87 of them and counting!!! The ones I got are oh-so-pretty and so cute!!!

 
Seriously, I am usually all over the place and rarely carry a purse, so these bags are perfect for me to throw all my stuff, or groceries, or Bondi's food in when I'm on the go.

Plus... since I'm a major procrastinator and didn't get my Secret Santa's gift out until after mine arrived, I was able to use one of the three lovely bags to package her gift in. It's not that I don't love mine... it's just that since I learned she is a huge fan of pink and green, I know she will appreciate one of these just as much as I will!!!! So Miss Sara, if you're reading this... yes, I re-gifted the bag your gifts came in with one from my Secret Santa. But... I hope you will like it just the same!!

Well, I'm off to drink twelve a couple Emergen-C beverages and try to get better in time for Christmas Eve with the folks. But to my Secret Santa if you are reading this... Thank you oh so much and Merry Christmas!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Feel better and Merry Christmas!!! And I totally want to try this Lush stuff!!! :) Enjoy your emergen-c (aka crack for sick people. That stuff is GOOD!!!!) XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted the info about enVbags. I've wanted a few cute bags for groceries for a while now, these designs are great.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you find out about this secret santa??? YOu did not tell me about it!! :))
    Your stuff looks fabulous. I love those bags. I have SOO many of the reusable bags too. I prefer the kind I can wash since food seems to spill in mine kind of often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lovie! Just wanted to help you along since you joined many months late. here is the link for the back story to your question - http://lillysdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/05/pr-diaries.html

    Hope this answers some questions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with LUSH!!!! We only have one store here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered LUSH in Boston on Newberry Street. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?