Just FYI - they call it a "gentle and relaxing" procedure. Umm, no. I do not call three hours of having your mouth stuck open with sunscreen lathered on your lips and face, bleach applied to your teeth and gums, and then microwaved (or something) either "gentle" or "relaxing" ... and that's not even discussing the major pain for the 24 hours following... the fact that my teeth physically hurt, and that I couldn't smoke... both painful.
Yes, I smoke. And drink red wine. And coffee. I guess that's a lot of drugs for one sentence? But I digress.. clearly, these vices are why I needed my teeth bleached (or so my mom thinks). I will say, they look quite nice!! I mean, seriously. It worked well.
Was it worth it? I don't know... for one I didn't pay for it, and I hear it's pretty spendy. But I will say I definitely wasn't a happy camper with the dental assistant during the procedure, as she kept repeating "Beauty is pain" ... seriously... and I couldn't even tell her to
Moving on....
Kind of, but not really. Because it feels like time stands still between Christmas and New Years. Is there really any reason anyone goes to work this week? I have done very little.. and that is putting it... optimistically. I can't help it... I'm counting down ... to.....WHISTLER!!!!
Yup, going to Whistler to celebrate New Years and I.CAN'T.WAIT. I did spend a good portion of my day researching New Year's Eve parties and sending out e-mails to our crew to gauge pre-reservation-making level of interest. (I'm the planner of the group, if my Type-A personality hasn't clearly shone through in my blogging.)
Anyway, I am not going to be too hard on myself about this whole lack-of-working thing, because after all ... it's Christmas Break!! Or at least it was for the first 23 years of my life, so I'm going to go with, umm yeah! I don't have to do a damn thing.
Except wait... until....
2010!!!!








I seriouslllllly want to try this for my teeth!
ReplyDeleteJenny DB - you crack me up. And you're so right about this week in-between. I could make a reference to other "in-between" spaces but I made a resolution to start acting like a lady. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have more than enough work once 2010 starts and everyone is back in high gear so enjoy this time. I miss working that week between Christmas and New Year -- doing absolutely nothing, wandering in late, leaving early and of course the leisurely lunches.
ReplyDeleteHave no guilt, it's your reward for working hard all year. :)
Glad the whitening came out great- you make me want to get that done now...Well, when I have a job again!
Have a fun, safe and great NYE!!!
I always ruin my bleaching within a couple months due to my horrible I can't give it up java habit!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you're going to Whistler, AGAIN!! Would you believe me if I said I have never been?? What a fun adventure. Can't wait to see your face little lady!!
ReplyDeleteOh fun-let us know how the bleaching ends up! But uh... even the strips start to hurt my teeth so I couldnt imagine the whole procedure.. yeeeeouch! Whistler again, love?! How freaking fun to celebrate NYE! I really really REALLY wanted to go skiing this year, but Eric had no vaca time and my budget was dwindling... arg. Have so much fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh and my teeth stain really easily... The thing that I do that TOTALLY WORKS is have water with whatever dark beverage I'm drinking as often I can. When I'm done with said dark beverage, I take a couple sips of water and swoosh it around in my mouth before swallowing. It really really keeps my teeth from staining as fast. You didnt ask for my advice but I just felt compelled to give it. haha. So there ya go. From one red wine lover to another! xoxo!
That does not sound like fun at all. I don't think anything you mentioned is a drug. Just fun stuff :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Have a WONDERFUL New Year's Eve!!!
ReplyDelete