11.09.2009

monday musings

First, a cat bite update. In case you forgot, last Friday was my thumb's D-Day. Since the infection is now in my joints, tendons, and bones (UGGH!), it's apparently "pretty serious". However, the CIPRO I'm taking seems to be helping, so the doctors said they're willing to wait it out another month to see if the pain and mobility continues to improve. I reallyyyy hope so, because I'm not a big fan of surgery. Though Joe is an excellent nurse ice-bag retriever, chicken soup maker, medication dispenser, etc.
 
Moving on... a little something about me. I talk in my sleep quite frequently. I also sometimes have lucid dreams. From Wikipedia:
"A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that he or she is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can seem extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream."
This can make for some interesting nights. Sometimes lucid dreams can be really fun - it's like creating your own dream destiny - but other times they can make for some really terrible nightmares. (This is why I refuse to take Chantix to quite smoking, but that's another post.)

Anyway, this morning in my half-dream state, Joe decided to buy a baby dying rat (weird, I know!) from a gas station. He picked the smallest one out of a cardboard box. I thought it was a stupid idea because it was so pathetically small it had no chance to live. But as soon as we got it in the car and started to feed and care for it, it grew. Very quickly.

Before we knew it, this rat was quite large, and while friendly to us, he did NOT like Bondi. He was constantly biting at Bondi, creating a very unpleasant car ride experience. I, of course, was not happy about this.

"I told you this was a bad idea. Why the HELL would you buy a gas station rat, JOE!!?? What were you thinking? Bondi HATES him."

That's what Joe got to wake up to, anyway :) I am only sometimes vaguely aware when I'm talking that I'm actually "asleep" but I'm quite certain I would love to be a fly on the wall in these moments.

The funny thing about these dreams is that they totally affect my emotions. I will wake up in an excellent mood if I've had a particularly pleasant dream. Or, I will wake up absolutely furious about something that happened in a dream.

A few weeks back, I was woke up soooo pissed because Joe took me to his Karate class (No- he doesn't actually do Karate) under the pretense of showing me his newly acquired bad-ass block chopping skillz, but come to find out, he actually brought me to introduce me to his new girlfriend "Katie". He met her in Karate class. Ooohh I did not get over that one until that Sunday afternoon!! haha

Anyway, so this morning was a little rough. Upon waking, I promptly sent Joe a text that said: "I love you joe, but I don't know why u insisted on buying that little rat from the gas station that quickly grew big and didn't get along with bondi:)" haha

Bondi also had a rough morning:



We apparently feel the same way about Mondays

More on my weekend tomorrow, but REAL QUICK: I bought a D & G purse from Nordstrom Rack (LOVE this place!) for $199. Retail is $990 (I know!! Who spends $990 on a purse? I still can't believe I spent $199 on it!!!) and I am trying to decide whether to keep it, give it to my sis for x-mas, or sell it on eBay.

Also, got this hat (new!) at Value Village... I kinda like it :-) Joe thinks it's cute and calls it my "Idaho" hat. (He's from Idaho, through and through). Here's Bondi modeling it for yall:




As you can tell, Mr. Bondi doesn't like dress up much.



And last... my new music obsessions:
1) "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo. Don't judge. It's catchy!!! (Click here to listen).

2) Sara Bareilles - Little Voices. What an incredibly album!

6 comments:

  1. That is hysterical! I can't believe them so vividly! Sometimes when I have a funny or weird dream I wake up in the middle of the nigh, say that I am going to remember it...fall back asleep and then I forget. I want to keep a journal by my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe your thumb got THAT infected from the bite! Ehh, I would freak out at this point! Way to stay calm!
    Um…I want Andrew to take Chantix to quit smoking!! I heard it really works…but I have not really looked into the side effects. Is it bad? Have you tried it?
    Dreams make me angry sometimes too. Sometimes they seem so real. I really question what is real and what is not. This is REALLY bad if I drank the night before! My dreams and reality are even more confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing! Mr. Potts has woken up to me talking to him before. Poor Bondi - it looks like he was a part of the dream too.

    I like the Jason Derulo song too. Have it on my iPod. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor finger!!!!!! And sick sick about that rat...ha! CUTE purse. You should keep it for sure! I love Nordstrom rack...but I ALSO am equally obsessed with Off 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to see this purse!!! Also, don't be bashing my drug on the world wide web -- haha love you anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, love that song Whatcha Say!! And hooray for the purse.. I totally dont know how ppl spend full price on that stuff. I certainly hope the drug works, girlie. Saying a little prayer.

    (and that pic of Bondi-amazing. I agree with his assessment of Mondays)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?