11.04.2009

Wishful Wednesday - Whistler!!!


I wish I could re-live
Spring Skiing in Whistler
over and over again!!

This was a WW topic from guest blogger Tracy at The Seattle Smiths...

Disclamier 1: Lots of pictures to follow.
Disclaimer 2: It's such a great topic that I might have to sneak a couple extra Wishes in at the end.

Spring skiing in Whistler is heaven on earth. Can't beat a ski trip weekend with good friends, great snow and sunshine! We always stay in the same Stoney Creek Condominiums and cram a ton of us (and our dogs... huge plus for me!) into the place. We pack up lots of food and drinks and split everything, so it actually works out to be quite affordable. The condo has it's own hot tub and is just a few minutes from the gondolas. It's pretty much awesomesauce.

This past April was INCREDIBLE. We went up for Telus Festival, and we couldn't have asked for better snow / weather / group of people / hilarious stories / amazing fun times.


Chair lift to the top of Blackcomb. BLUE SKIES!


Here I am. On top of the world... (or about half way down, haha)


My sis, dear friend Ashley, college bud Zach, bf Joe and me..
at the top of Blackcomb


Just Joe and me :-)


My boys (sans Bondi) and me on a chair lift...
These two bad-ass skiiers were tough to keep up with!


Me, happy as a clam, on the new...
Peak-to-Peak Gondola from top of Whistler to top of Blackcomb!!!
May have just shotgunned a Kokanee.

 


Some of us girls, slopeside at the lodge.
My college roomie Lucy (the witty one, remember?) is on my left.


4:30 PM - Apres slopeside! :-)

Of course there's lots more to Whistler... chillin' in the condo, great shopping, and zillions of nightlife options from Irish bars to techno clubs. But being on the biggest mountain(s) in North America in great conditions with amazing friends... it just doesn't get much better than that.

POST SCRIPT

A close 2nd place goes to Deep-Sea Fishing in Cozumel with Joe. It was just the two of us, the captain and the open sea! Oh, and this 36" 25 lb BAD ASS BARRACUDA that I caught! I felt bad about it, except that we ate it for dinner, and what we didn't eat we gave to the staff at the hotel.



And... 3rd place goes to REHAB at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. I've been twice, and I'm QUITE sure this outrageous pool party would make 1st or 2nd place, except I can't remember why ;-) Here's a nice bloggable picture... my others didn't make the cut.


2 comments:

  1. I have never snow-skied. Nor water-skied. See, I'm unbelievably crazy clumsy & can only imagine how many broken bones I'd crawl away with.

    I've been to Vegas a few times & absolutely LOVE it. I want/need/must go back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha say.. whatcha sayyy?